Sunday, August 10, 2008

~Poetry From My Heart~



Words from my heart
on blank sheets of paper ...









This award was given to me for several poems
I entered into The Creative Pen for critiquing -
I love knowing what people think about my writings...
Thanks Steve & all members of
The Poetices Forum -


From My Heart Writings

*************************************
Winter Challenge

Here in the southeast United States
Cold winter chill is in the air
Snow falling steadily on the ground
Drivers show confusion everywhere
Our feathered friends searches for refuge
Keeping their families from being apart
Here at home so peaceful and serene
Embers brightly shining, warming the heart
Safely inside the doors are latched
Oh the taste of coffee can’t be beaten
So much better with cake attached.
While my treat is in fact an addiction
Upon the command of winters breath
While tonight I am a dreamer
Gazing at the stars on high
Instantly spotting the Little Dipper
To feel a flush on their cheeks
Wouldn’t take a genius to be attempting
To delight with mirth by the fireside glow
Forever memories will be lingering.

©Sylvia
2/2/07
********************************
Grandma’s Big Old Bed

Wrapped in the warmth of her quilts
Piled high upon her bed
Grandma’s snuggled beside me
Knowing I had nothing to dread
Fireplace slowly burning
The embers of orange and red
Felt good on a winter’s night
In Grandma’s big old bed
Stayed with her when Grandpa died
To keep her from being alone
Loved those times at Grandmas
My how the time has flown
She’s now been gone for years
As I dream of her instead
My eyes fill with tears
Lying in Grandmas big old bed.

©Sylvia
3/4/07
********************************
Waiting

Patiently she waits by the phone
While secretly she prays
To hear his voice as it’s long waited
It’s been so many days
Silent nights she spends alone
Immune to surrounding sounds
In her heart she longed for his touch
Like dying ember to campgrounds
Their love was enormous – yet bitter and sweet
Time apart was their reward
Oh how long does it have to be?
Spending time with the one she adored.

©Sylvia Allison
4/12/07
******************************************
Beautiful Day


The inclement weather
Showed us Spring was here
Dark clouds in the sky
Began to disappear
With the touch of God's grace
Disaster passed us by
We knew we were safe
Not questioning why.
With the touch of His Hand
Sunshine reappeared
It was over now
As we all start to cheer,
Thank You Lord for this beautiful day
Now the kids can go out and play!

©Sylvia Allison
4/16/07
****************************************
At First Sight

At moments glance our eyes met
Felt like howling at the moon
Oh, how silly of me
Getting these reactions way too soon
He took my hand in his
Asking if I’d like to dance
All feelings trapped inside
My body was in a trance
The revelry inside this place
We held onto the feeling
All the while we danced and laughed
Comical as it seemed our world was reeling
Dancing ‘til the mornings sol
These feelings were genuine
As he held me tight, kissed my lip
Oh my lord, it felt so devine.

©Sylvia Allison
2/6/05
****************************************
Broken Promises


Walking along the ocean shore
My thoughts go back to you
We were young and innocent
You promised to be true.
Tossing a coin out to the sea
Making wishes that could not be
You walked away from me that day
Saying you needed to be free.
From promises made to each other
As the waves roar in my head
All along you were seeing another
Leaving me lots of time to dread.
I whisper a prayer for my sanity
As I long for this subtle atmosphere
As I walk this lonely shore today
Lost in memories when you were here.

©Sylvia Allison
4/15/07
**************************************
In Circles

Like the train on the old rickety track
Around the bend I go
Full speed ahead no looking back
This time he’s hurt me so
With a ring on my finger, a promise of love
He’s proved again to be untrue
Curve in sight – watch me from above
Lord I’m depending on you –
Give me the strength to walk away
Start over fresh and begin anew
Enclose me in your arms tonight
So scared of what I may do.
Should have known right from the start
Don’t want to think or hurt again
Going in circles – roll on with my heart
Turn me away from this hurt and pain.

©Sylvia Allison
4/3/07
*******************************
A couple of the poems above are the challenge poems;
which is my favorite! To me I love a challenge &love to know what you think.
Would love to hear from you.


No comments: