Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fearing Alzheimer's


From time to time I worry
From day to day I fear
Alzheimers will come and get me
Away from ones I love so dear
It's lingered in our family

We've lost ones we loved so
Alzheimers' you are a cruel thing
And now you have to go...


***************************



A poem for my family:

Have Patience

Although I look as if I’m strong
I am weak as a kitten
Conversations with me now are slow
Seeming to be quite smitten
My hair is turning gray you know
Just look at the wrinkles on my face!
Aging bruises on my skin
I ain’t ever walked with grace
Have patience with me now
As to you I have never changed
My body is slowing down
So much needs to be re-arranged.
I try so hard to be here
When you begin to fall
I try so hard to listen
Whenever you take time to call
I’m sure I’m aggravating
Yet I try my best
Have patience with me now
God will take care of the rest.

Sylvia Allison
8/22/08

**************************
Alzheimers' is a devastating disease -
through time and medicine
someday I hope there is a cure.




A video someone sent me last year -

it is worth watching if you feel like I do ...




No comments: