Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One Year Ago Today:


From Reagans' Mom:
August 20, 2008

It was exactly one year ago today that Reagan was taken from the ER at Moses Cone Hospital to the UNC Children's Hospital after blood work showed a serious problem. We received her diagnosis just hours after our arrival in Chapel Hill and I felt like I'd been hit with a brick.
The week prior to her diagnosis she had been so sick, back and forth to the doctors office 3 times before finally we went to the emergency room late Sunday evening when her temperature spiked to 106. We were so scared, but felt some sense of comfort and relief with the pediatric doctor at Moses Cone, who agreed that some blood work should be ran, within hours of receiving her lab results we were on our way to Chapel Hill. In the year since her diagnosis we have truly been blessed by all the wonderful people who have supported us, by the incredible staff at Chapel Hill- both during her inpatient stay and now her outpatient treatment. I can't possibility put into words how wonderful and compassionate these folks really are or how grateful I am to them.
Looking back over the last year, I can't believe all that we have endured especially Reagan. She has already, at 3, experienced more than most of us will in a lifetime and done it with such courage. I couldn't have been blessed with a more precious little girl!
As we continue on with the next two years of her treatment, I just wanted to thank everyone who has taken this journey with us- we are so very thankful for all of you.
With all my love,
Wendy

No comments: